Excited about joining a start-up company and helping to build a company from the ground up? We are looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit and excellent interpersonal skills to help us launch our inside/sales and customer support department.
If interested, please read more below and/or contact Lisa Booker at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Under the directions of our VP of Sales, the Account Manager will provide sales and customer service support to outside sales staff and sales partners within lighting division. In addition, this individual will maintain existing customer relations and build rapport with new clients and sales partners to help assure continued growth within the lighting division. This individual will act as a secondary expert in communicating our product attributes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
Act as primary contact for inquiries received from end users, specifiers, field sales personnel and channel sales partners (reps, dealers, distributors and other resellers).
- Assists with lead documentation, qualification, distribution and follow-up. Includes assisting with pre/post tradeshow communications.
- Provides quotations, obtains purchase orders, payments and credit applications for all customer orders.
- Provides collateral materials (print and electronic) to sales force. Is responsible for managing inventory of print materials and organization of same electronically.
- Conducts energy incentive program research and provides findings to outside sales, sales partners and customers. Submits energy incentive applications on behalf of customers (as requested).
- Generates return on investment (ROI) calculations for outside sales staff, sales partners and customers.
- Issues product sales orders for customer projects and inventory. Work with management to help maintain proper inventory levels.
- Obtains quotations for outside purchases. Works with purchasing to ensure timely placement of vendor orders and conducts follow-up on same for on time delivery.
- Provides project management duties on all orders (mainly consists of timely updates on shipments and deliveries).
- Generates required reports (inquiries, open quotes, sales pipeline, inventories and AR’s) as scheduled or requested. Helps maintain report accuracy and works with IT on occasion for assistance with needed changes.
- Issues return goods authorizations and replacement product sales orders. Conducts follow-up on all items to assure timely return.
- Manages sales sample and field evaluation product data base and inventory. Assists with the billing or return of products no longer being utilized in field.
- Manages field photography data base and helps assist media relations council with support materials and information for project brief creation.
- Attends and participates in sales meetings and training seminars.
- High school diploma required. College graduate in marketing, business or related field of study is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in inside sales and customer service; lighting industry preferred.
- Possesses some electrical/mechanical knowledge and a strong aptitude to expand knowledge within the solid-state lighting industry.
- Possess a good understanding of product applications, manufacturing materials and processes as they relate to commercial and industrial outdoor lighting.
- Ability to cross competitors’ proposals (do take off’s).
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand lighting and process layout requests from reps preferred.
- Is passionate about the lighting industry, the company they work for and the products they represent.
The working environment is clean and well lit. This individual will have their own workstation or cubicle space and are equipped with a telephone, headset, and computer. Most of the time will be spent sitting, typing, talking with reps, and looking at a computer screen.
Optec LED Lighting is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.